What Can My Child do at Timberhill Athletic Club?
At Timberhill Athletic Club we are proud to offer amenities for members of all ages. Below are the amenities in which your child is welcome to use:
Playroom—Children are welcome to use the playroom from 6 months-12 years of age. A parent or guardian must remain on-site while their child is in the playroom.
Fitness floor—Children 8-12 years of age are welcome to use the cardio equipment on the fitness floor after participating in a fitness orientation with one of our personal trainers. The fitness orientation will review proper use of the cardio equipment (treadmills, stair climber, rowing machine, etc.), in addition to appropriate time limits for use of the equipment, and code of conduct.
A parent or guardian must remain on-site while their child is on the fitness floor and can be in a different area of the club if desired. Minors 13 and older are welcome to use all equipment on the fitness floor unaccompanied.
Courts (basketball and racquetball)—Children ages 8 and older are welcome to use the basketball gym and/or racquetball courts. A parent or guardian is not required to remain on-site.
- Large lap pool—Children 8-13 years of age are welcome to swim laps in the large lap pool during designated “all workout” times as indicated on the pool schedule. A parent or guardian must always remain inside the pool enclosure while their child is in the water. Minors 14 and older are welcome to swim laps in the large pool unaccompanied.
- Small therapy pool—Children of all ages are welcome to use the small therapy pool during designated family swim times. Additionally, children ages 8 and older are welcome to workout in the therapy pool during designated all-workout times, as indicated on the therapy pool schedule. A parent or guardian must remain inside the pool enclosure while the minor is in the water.
- Outdoor lap pool—Minors 14 and older are welcome to swim laps in the outdoor pool.
- Large hot tub (in the large lap pool enclosure)—Members 18 years and older are welcome to use the large hot tub.
- Small hot tub (in the therapy pool enclosure)—Children under age 14 are welcome to use the small hot tub provided a parent or guardian remains inside the pool enclosure while the minor is in the water. Minors 14 and older are welcome to use the small hot tub unaccompanied.
Group Exercise Classes
- Studio classes—Children 8-13 years old are welcome to attend any class that does not use weights (Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, cycle, interval training, etc.). A parent or guardian must be on site but is not required to attend class with the child* (*Provided the minor can follow the class flow/format and does not continually divert instruction attention). Minors 14 and older are welcome to attend all studio classes.
- Aquatics classes—Children 8-13 years of age are welcome to attend all aquatics classes provided the parent accompany the minor in the water. Minors 14 and older are welcome to attend all aquatics classes unaccompanied.
Basketball Skills Clinic and Academy
Summer 2021 Kids Basketball Academy Summer Camp
Incoming 2nd-8th graders are welcome to join in the summer basketball fun! Download and complete the registration form to secure your child’s spot.
Summer Basketball Camp will run the following dates:
Spring & Fall Basketball Skills Clinic
The Spring & Fall Skills Clinics are for children grades Pre-K through 6th and meets weekly. Participants will learn the fundamentals of basketball, teamwork, and game situations. The skills clinic will prepare the kids for the Academy in the Winter. There are NO official games or official teams, but lots of SKILL work
Winter Basketball Academy
The Winter Basketball Academy is for children grades Pre-K through 6th and begins early January. The Academy consists of weekday practice and one game a\week (except for Pre-K) and runs into early March
Girls Basketball Academy
Girls Basketball Academy is for girls in 2nd through 7th grade and begins mid March. This 8-week academy consists of weekday practice and 1-2 games per week. Registration forms will be available February 1st.
For more information, please contact the Athletic Director, Shane Denning, via email or call 541-757-8559.
Kids and Teen Activities
After School Activity Program for grades 1st through 6th
Keep your children active and fit with our newest after school fitness program! Kids in grades 1-6 will practice social distancing while working on basketball, pickleball, relay races, pin knockdown, and many more activities in the gym.
Questions? Contact Shane Denning at email@example.com or 541-757-8559 or text 541-231-0141.
Kids Fitness Program
Junior Racquetball Instructional Leagues
Kids Swim Workout
This class is offered for children 6 months to 3 years of age and their parents. Water babies teaches both water adjustment as well as the beginning skills for swimming, through songs and games. It is a fun way to bond with your baby and learn important life skills at the same time.
For more information, contact Deb Heater at 541-757-8559.
Group lessons are offered year round at Timberhill Athletic Club. Classes are available for all ages and ability levels.
Private and semi-private lessons are also offered throughout the year. We design these lessons to fit into your schedule. Take as many or as few lessons as you want with no long term commitment required.
For more information, please contact Deb Heater at 541-757-8559.
Come swim laps together or just splash around with your kids in the warm pool during Family Swim hours.