What Can My Child do at Timberhill Athletic Club?
At Timberhill Athletic Club we are proud to offer amenities for members of all ages. Below are the amenities in which your child is welcome to use:
Playroom—Children are welcome to use the playroom from 6 months-12 years of age. Parent or guardian not required to remain on-site while their child is in the playroom, but must be able to return within 15 minutes if called.
Parent/Kid’s Night Out scheduled regularly throughout the year as well.
Fitness floor—Children 8-12 years of age are welcome to use the cardio equipment on the fitness floor after participating in a fitness orientation with one of our personal trainers. The fitness orientation will review proper use of the cardio equipment (treadmills, stair climber, rowing machine, etc.), in addition to appropriate time limits for use of the equipment, and code of conduct.
A parent or guardian must remain on-site while their child is on the fitness floor and can be in a different area of the club if desired. Minors 13 and older are welcome to use all equipment on the fitness floor unaccompanied.
Courts (basketball and racquetball)—Children ages 8 and older are welcome to use the basketball gym and/or racquetball courts. A parent or guardian is not required to remain on-site.
- Large lap pool—Children 8-13 years of age are welcome to swim laps in the large lap pool during designated “all workout” times as indicated on the pool schedule. A parent or guardian must always remain inside the pool enclosure while their child is in the water. Minors 14 and older are welcome to swim laps in the large pool unaccompanied.
- Small therapy pool—Children of all ages are welcome to use the small therapy pool during designated family swim times. Additionally, children ages 8 and older are welcome to workout in the therapy pool during designated all-workout times, as indicated on the therapy pool schedule. A parent or guardian must remain inside the pool enclosure while the minor is in the water.
- Outdoor lap pool—Minors 14 and older are welcome to swim laps in the outdoor pool.
- Large hot tub (in the large lap pool enclosure)—Members 18 years and older are welcome to use the large hot tub.
- Small hot tub (in the therapy pool enclosure)—Children under age 14 are welcome to use the small hot tub provided a parent or guardian remains inside the pool enclosure while the minor is in the water. Minors 14 and older are welcome to use the small hot tub unaccompanied.
Group Exercise Classes
- Studio classes—Children 8-13 years old are welcome to attend any class that does not use weights (Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, cycle, interval training, etc.). A parent or guardian must be on site but is not required to attend class with the child* (*Provided the minor can follow the class flow/format and does not continually divert instruction attention). Minors 14 and older are welcome to attend all studio classes.
- Aquatics classes—Children 8-13 years of age are welcome to attend all aquatics classes provided the parent accompany the minor in the water. Minors 14 and older are welcome to attend all aquatics classes unaccompanied.
Basketball Skills Clinic and Academy
Spring & Fall Basketball Skills Clinic
The Spring & Fall Skills Clinics are for children grades Kindergarten through 6th and meets weekly. Participants will learn the fundamentals of basketball, teamwork, and game situations. The skills clinic will prepare the kids for the Academy in the Winter. There are NO official games or official teams, but lots of SKILL work.
Winter Basketball Academy
The Winter Basketball Academy is for children grades Kindergarten through 6th and begins early January. The Academy consists of weekday practice and one game per week (Thursday or Friday night). The program runs into early March.
Girls Basketball Academy
Girls Basketball Academy is for girls in 2nd through 8th grade and begins early April. This 8-week academy consists of weekday practice and 1-2 games per week.
For more information, please contact the Athletic Director, Shane Denning, via email or call 541-757-8559.
Kids Fitness Program
Timberhill Athletic Club offers equipment orientations for children, ages 8-12, on the fitness floor. Orientations cover the basics from safety, club etiquette, proper use of equipment and technique for each developmental age. Our Personal Trainers educate kids with this 20-30 minute appointment which can be made by signing up at the front desk.
Junior Racquetball Instructional Leagues
Kids Swim Workout
One-Two-Three-Jump! This supervised lap swimming class, offered to kids able to swim laps, is a blast! Kids have fun while improving their stroke, breathing, and endurance. Participants must be able to swim at least one lap, using any stroke, in the big pool. KSW is not a swim team; however, is a group of kids who like to swim for the fun, and the health of it. There is no registration or fee for members to take this class. Students may drop in at any time to enjoy a supervised swim workout.
Water Babies & Water Kids
This class is offered for children 6 months to 3 years of age and their parents. Water babies teaches both water adjustment as well as the beginning skills for swimming, through songs and games. It is a fun way to bond with your baby and learn important life skills at the same time.
For more information, contact Deb Heater at 541-757-8559 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Group lessons are offered year round at Timberhill Athletic Club. Classes are available for all ages and ability levels.
Private and semi-private lessons are also offered throughout the year. We design these lessons to fit into your schedule. Take as many or as few lessons as you want with no long term commitment required.
For more information, please contact Deb Heater at 541-757-8559 or email@example.com
Come swim laps together or just splash around with your kids in the warm pool during Family Swim hours.
Summer Fun for Kids
At Timberhill Athletic Club we have activities for kids throughout the Summer. Click the link below to be directed to the Kid’s Summer Fun page.