COVID-19 Update for Timberhill Athletic Club
We recognize how Coronavirus (COVID-19) has all of us on a heightened sense of alert. The speed at which the situation is evolving, with new information coming out several times a day, has only added to the increasing levels of stress and concern.
Providing a safe and clean facility for our members has always been a priority at Timberhill. Especially now, we are being vigilant in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness. Some of the additional steps we are taking include:
- increasing the cleaning of high-touch areas, wiping down door handles handrails, counter and tabletop surfaces hourly
- switching our disinfectant to one with a faster kill rate – 30 seconds vs.1 minute
- making hand sanitation stations more readily available and encouraging everyone, members and staff, to use them frequently
- if an employee is sick, we are asking them to stay home
- if an employee travels outside the US to a country listed below, we are asking them to not come into work for 14 days upon reentry
As the situation continues to evolve, we may also need to adjust Timberhill hours and limit back desk hours based on staff availability. We may also cancel group exercise classes. Please visit our website, which will be updated regularly.
Our members can also help by following these steps as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other health departments:
- wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 30 seconds
- use hand sanitizer located around the Club between hand washing
- wipe down equipment before and after use
- if you are sick, stay home
- those at higher risk should take extra precautions
- check the CDC website for frequent updates (www.cdc.gov)
Importantly, if you have traveled to any of the affected countries outlined by the CDC, including but not limited to China, Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Italy, Iran, Taiwan and Vietnam, please follow the CDC’s most up-to-date and recommended guidelines, including requesting a test and self-quarantining for 14 days.
While staying healthy, including regularly working out, is an important defense against any illness, we respect your individual decisions regarding using a health club. Should you decide to place a temporary hold on your membership, please discuss with a member of our staff.
We will continue monitoring updates related to COVID-19, and will respond based on the advice of the CDC, Oregon Department of Health, other public health authorities and medical professionals.